MIS NOVELAS

MIS NOVELAS
Mis novelas

Mito de la Caverna de Platón

Un día de otoño

 


One Autumn day I was in a park and I looked at a very small beautiful leaf, it’s colour was almost red. It was barely hanging o the branch nearly ready to fall down. I spent a long time with it and I asked the leaf a number of questions. I found out the leaf had been a mother to the tree.

We usually think that the tree is the mother and the leaves are just children but as I looked at the leaf I saw that the leaf is also a mother to the tree. The sap that the roots take up is only water and minerals, not sufficient to nourish the tree, so the tree distributes the sap to the leaves, and the leaves transform the rough sap into an elaborated sap with the help of the sun and air and then send it back to the tree for nourishment. Therefore leaves are also a mother to the tree….

I asked the leaf whether it was scared because it was autumn and the other leaves were falling. The leaf told me, “No. During the whole spring and summer I was very alive. I worked hard and helped nourish the tree, and much of me is in the tree. I AM NOT LIMITED By this form. I am the whole tree, and when I go back to the soil, I will continue to nourish the tree. As I leave this branch and float to the ground, I will wave to the tree and tell her, ‘I will see you again very soon….

And after a while I saw the leaf leave the branch and float down to the soul dancing joyfully. Because as it floated it saw itself already there in the tree. It was so happy. I have a lot to learn from the leaf because it is not afraid – it knew nothing can be born and nothing can die.

Thich Nhat Hanh

**
**

Un día de otoño, paseando por un parque, vi una hoja muy pequeña y hermosa, su color era casi rojo. Apenas colgaba de la rama, casi a punto de caer. Estuve con ella un buen tiempo, y pude hacerle varias preguntas. Descubrí que la hoja había sido una madre para el árbol.

Por lo general, pensamos que el árbol es la madre y las hojas son solo hijos, pero cuando miré la hoja, vi que la hoja también era la madre del árbol. La savia que toman las raíces es solo agua y minerales, que no son suficientes para nutrir al árbol, por lo que el árbol distribuye la savia por las hojas, y las hojas transforman la áspera savia en una savia elaborada con la ayuda del sol y el aire. Y luego, la envía de regreso al resto del árbol para su nutrición. Por lo tanto, las hojas también son una madre para el árbol.

Le pregunté a la hoja si estaba asustada porque era otoño y las otras hojas se estaban cayendo. La hoja me dijo: «No. Durante toda la primavera y el verano estuve muy viva. Trabajé intensamente y ayudé a nutrir el árbol, y gran parte de mí está en el árbol. NO ESTOY LIMITADA en esta forma. Soy el árbol completo, y cuando vuelva a la tierra, continuaré nutriendo al árbol. Cuando deje la rama y flote hasta el suelo, saludaré al árbol y le diré: "Te veré de nuevo muy pronto"».

Y después de un rato, vi que la hoja dejaba la rama y flotaba hacia el alma bailando alegremente. Porque mientras flotaba se veía ya allí en el árbol. Fue tan feliz. Tengo mucho que aprender de la hoja porque no tiene miedo, sabía que nada puede nacer y nada puede morir.

Thich Nhat Hanh